[lug] HeathKit--linux

Wayde Allen wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Wed Nov 10 11:19:07 MST 1999

On Wed, 10 Nov 1999, Michael J. Pedersen wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 09, 1999 at 08:48:45AM -0700, Rob Mohr wrote:
> > May I use one or two resources to build a linux box from parts?  That is
> > does an O'Reiley style book exist?  Or may I go to a web resource that has
> > a step by step cookbook style instructions?
>
> I know of no such resource directly.  However, I myself have done it, as have
> others.  Glenn, maybe this is something we should consider demo'ing at the
> installfest?

I have seen some books on building computers at various bookstores.  I
know they exist.  For instance a quick search at barnesandnoble.com gets
me the titles:

   Building Your Own PC, Arnie Lee

   Building a PC for Dummies, Mark L. Chambers,Kemper

I would also guess that there are a variety of web sites
devoted to the subject too.  A similar web search on yahoo gets me:
http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/writings/lj-howtobuild.html

The info is out there if you look for it.

- Wayde
  (wallen at boulder.nist.gov)