[lug] CU Install Fest

Ed Meyer EMeyer at equuscs.com
Wed Nov 10 13:26:43 MST 1999

I just signed up to the BLUG list again and have seen several posts about an upcoming CU BLUG Install Fest and wondered when and where it would be occurring.

Also, if you are looking for some VERY cool looking games to demo with Linux - check out Quake 3 Test and Unreal Tournament.  Also, Myth2 has some very impressive graphics.  When Loki spoke to the CLUE group he gave out some demos of Myth2.  Does anyone have  one of those we could make copies of or have a machine running any of these.  All three work very well under linux with a Voodoo or TNT card.  Quake3 and Unreal Tournament are available at http://www.fileplanet.com

Ed Meyer

P.S.  Apparently my machine needed to be rebooted after running pnpdump and uncommenting out the sound card settings in the isapnp.conf file.  For some reason I could not get it to work, but the next time I powered up the machine, it was making all kinds of sounds :)