[lug] VA laptop question

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Nov 10 20:58:16 MST 1999

On Wed, Nov 10, 1999 at 08:35:27PM -0700, Charles Morrison wrote:
>Yea, but with a 21 " screen :o) The Sony is lighter, but I prefer
>the larger IBM screen and keyboard. Getting older you know...

It's actually one of the smaller ones at 12 and 13 inches as far
as display goes.  The keyboard on the Vaio is a little small, but
not bad.  The keyboard on my current 560 (2 years the predecessor
to this 570) is VERY nice.  That's one of the things I've liked the
most about their laptops.  Even the 500 I used to have, which had
a 90% sized keyboard was pretty good (the first weekend I had it I
wrote an article on it).

The Vaios are ones that I found interesting, but as I recall they
need the port-replicator for most external connections (serial,
floppy), and I end up using the serial port a LOT.  I like that
the 570 is very light, but if you need CD, Floppy/LS120, and/or
hard-drive or battery, you can snap on the "base" which makes it
the equivalent of the 7-pound 700-series (in weight and function).

Sean
--
 "Yes on one, no on two."  "Is number one nuke Russia, or number two?"
                 -- _Buckaroo_Banzai_