[lug] What is the best browser for linux?

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Nov 10 16:55:57 MST 1999

Thus spoke Jeffrey B. Siegal
> I'm sad to say that the best browser for Linux I've found is to run IE
> 5.0 under Windows NT under VMWARE.  I wish it weren't so.

IE does handle many issues with DHTML and CSS better than Netscape.  But
plopping that bloat on top of VMWare seems like an awful resource waste
just to browse the web.  To each his own, I guess.

BTW, I've heard, but have not verified, that Lynx actually handles DHTML and
HTML 4.0 correctly.  I can't imagine what my web site would look like in
text only mode.
--
Michael J. Hammel           |      Knowledge comes,
The Graphics Muse           |      but wisdom lingers.