[lug] XConfig and Exceed

Michael Deck deckm at cleansoft.com
Sat Nov 13 02:22:32 MST 1999

I'm trying to get Exceed set up to run X with a RH5.2 client. One reason
for doing this is, the display/monitor I have on my current Linux box is
incapable of running X. And, for a variety of reasons, I need to be running
Win98 most of the time on my "better" box. Can anyone give me a pointer to
e-z setup instructions? I've never successfully configured X on the Linux
box itself because of the limitations of my hardware. Every time I try it,
it hangs solid.

If anyone's run Exceed against RH5.2, could you share your secrets?

-Mike

Michael Deck
Cleanroom Software Engineering, Inc.