[lug] DSL service

Michael J. Pedersen marvin at netinfra.net
Sat Nov 13 21:12:21 MST 1999

On Sat, Nov 13, 1999 at 05:11:31PM -0700, winrip wrote:
> http://www.wantweb.net/welcome/services.html
>
> Now all you get is downstream speed from this site, and they probably won't
> be able to configure Linux, but @ 350 setup, 49 a month, 750K downstream
> isn't to outrageous, so long as you have line of sight to Lookout mountain.

Well, I don't know about LOS to Lookout, but will find out.  But, I need the
upstream speed, too.  I want to set up a site which will, on occasion, be
slashdotted.  On a 33.6k modem, that can't happen :(

As far as configuring Linux goes, if they can set up Windows, I can set up
Linux.  It's just knowing what to plug in where :)

--
Michael J. Pedersen
WhoDP: whodp://earth.activerse.com/pedersen