[lug] Linux FileServer Problems

Michael Deck deckm at cleansoft.com
Tue Nov 16 02:18:09 MST 1999

At 02:08 PM 11/15/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Michael Deck wrote:
> >
> > I had myself this WD Caviar 1.2GB drive that had Windows on it, not
>
>This response is a little O.T. - but I feel I should warn you.  I hope you're
>backing up any important data on it - that variety of drive (small WD Caviar)
>has the worst failure rate I've seen.
>
>Calvin

Calvin, thanks. I had this drive in another machine for ages and it seemed
to hold up fine. Always a good idea to make good backups. 99% of this drive
will be OS executables only but after I get the system built I will tackle
how to make my Conner/Seagate Tapestor 800 Travan drive talk to Linux for
backups....

Michael Deck
Cleanroom Software Engineering, Inc.