[lug] Linux FileServer Problems

Ed Meyer EMeyer at equuscs.com
Mon Nov 15 15:14:40 MST 1999

<snip>
Well, wiping that program off the drive will be ever so much fun if it does
what EZ Drive (Conner/Seagate's solution) did.  I had to do an fdisk /mbr.
Alternately, you need to find a utility which will trash that mbr entirely.
</snip>

I found a utility on the IBM website called "Wipe" which does exactly that - it competely wipes the drive of anything that had been on it - including partitions.  I have it posted on my home server at ftp://206.168.3.76/wipe/   The only problem is that it's a DOS program so you have to boot from a dos floppy and then run WIPE to clear your drive.  So far I've been able to use it successfully on drives from 100MB to 13GB.

Ed Meyer
ed at ethings.com