[lug] RE: DSL

Chris M chrism at peakpeak.com
Mon Nov 15 18:34:06 MST 1999

>It is not here yet, but the Sprint ION service is
>coming to the Denver area in December. They plan to
>use a combination of ADSL and "wireless cable." The
>ION service provides 1 or 2 high speed data lines and up
>to 4 telephone/fax lines. The phone service includes about
>2200 minutes of domestic long distance and local calling. That
>is a flat rate for long distance!
>
>All for about $150/month.
>
>Call (877) 879-4147
>
>Jim Record
>Not in any way associated with Sprint.

FWIW, Sprint being sold to MCI is a lot like the Devil buying the
garden of Eden.  Weeds are inevitable.

The problems getting ION out are a dark secret, remember how long ago
ads ran about it to raise awareness?  The hype window finally gave
way to reality that they could not deploy it.  Will be interesting to
watch.

We recently dumped all MCI/Worldcom products and are slowly moving
customers to other carriers due to widespread problems with
MCI-affiliated companies. Sprint being bought by MCI means no Sprint
products in the forseeable future. Indeed, I predict the FCC will
require Sprint to sell off their backbone like they required MCI to
do when Worldcom bought MCI.

The billing horrors alone will give you a spontaneous wedgie many
years later when you are quitely sitting reading a book and have a
flashback.

Chris
Peak to Peak Internet
http://www.peakpeak.com