[lug] Linux FileServer Problems

Michael Deck deckm at cleansoft.com
Tue Nov 16 06:42:19 MST 1999

Ok, y'all are batting .500! Switching my primary HDD from slave to master
made it bootable. However, no combination of perms and parms seems to give
write access to the mounted DOS partitions to anyone but the mounter. I've
tried all manner of options in fstab and command line, changing perms of
/dev/hdc1 and /mnt/cdrive before and after the mount, etc. etc. Is there
anyone who actually

* mounts an MSDOS drive at boot time
* allows non-mounters on that system to write to it

who can give me a rundown on how their system is set up? Security is not a
concern -- this is a file server intended to be used by anyone who can get
through the firewall.

-Mike