[lug] Linux FileServer Problems

Pedersen, Michael J PederMJ at LOUISVILLE.STORTEK.COM
Tue Nov 16 08:46:23 MST 1999

I've got to agree.  I've done this in the past, but my current system is all
linux.  However, the parameters I used were slightly different.  Calvin is
using the umask, I was using the mode.  I also didn't put the
"noexec,nodev,nosuid,noauto" lines in there.  The difference between the
mask and the mode is that the umask says which permissions bits will be
cleared, while the mode says which permissions bits will be set.

6 of one, half dozen of the other.

And yes, that does work when I have my user account mount my floppy drive
with a dos disk.  User account can mount it, read it, write it, and unmount
it.

Keep us informed.