[lug] RE: DSL

Elizabeth O. Coolbaugh cool at eklektix.com
Wed Nov 17 19:32:39 MST 1999

On Wed, Nov 17, 1999 at 07:29:23PM -0700, Norm Metcalf wrote:
> Thanks for letting us know that wantweb actually does a test install before
> charging anyone.

To be pedantic :-), it isn't a test installation, per se.  However,
they send an engineer out to your site, who climbs up on the roof,
etc., as necessary, to *see* if they can get a strong enough signal
to warrant installation.  That is all free of charge.

I've had occasional problems with this link, with getting as much
bandwidth as I'd like, slowdowns during rain, etc. :-), but I have
gotten great technical support.  They've come out and tested the
link, when I could show them that the connection wasn't sufficiently
stable, and they both boosted the signal and replaced the cable modem,
all free of charge.

Liz Coolbaugh
cool at lwn.net