[lug] Caching DNS?

Glenn Ashton gfa at idiom.com
Thu Nov 18 12:06:17 MST 1999

Another opportunity to use Linux at work!

We are going to deploy some web surfing machines and want to restrict
access to sites other than a fixed list of sites that we are providing.

We don't want to have to modify the clients, so I thought that I could
simply point the clients at a caching DNS that only has our address
entries in named.ca.  That way if we needed to change the list it would be
editing one file and restarting named on the DNS in question.

Is this a viable solution? Is there a better one?

Thanks in advance...

-Glenn Ashton