[lug] Linux Boot LOST

David Willcox acesouth at frii.com
Fri Nov 26 12:51:09 MST 1999

I have installed Linux 6.0 on more than one hardrive (Some in different systems and some in same system)
> and when BOOTing SOME of them in say another box SOME OF THEM wil not boot. I just got thru installing Linux on a 10GB hardrive and I have SAME problem.This time after installing it congratulated me on installing and told me to reboot. Is it the
Size of my Partitions?

 /boot = 25mb
 /tmp  = 127 mb
 swap  = 100 mb
 /         = 6.5 GB

and I leave about 3 to 4 GB open Free space that I don't use. But I'm Not messing
around with a Windows Partition either.
 I used auto-detect and  the only way I can boot it by 3 1/2" boot disk that I made for that drive.  My question is how do I get Lilo back or SET so it is ok that I'm
> now not able to boot?

Thanks for your help and I'm sorry if I didn't make this clear last time,

Dave Willcox :-)