[lug] Navigator 4.7 address book

Rob Riggs rob at pangalactic.org
Mon Nov 29 12:36:34 MST 1999

Tony Dyson wrote:

> I've recently installed RedHat 6.1 & Netscape 4.7 & Netscape's address
> book exhibits lots of flaky behaviour. Sometimes the docked icon crashes
> the whole program. Sometimes the addressee's names are not visible in
> the GUI list-box. Sometimes the properties for an entry cannot be
> viewed. Sometimes trying to click-select an entry crashes the program.
>
> Anyone else experienced any of these "features" & know of any fixes?

I've not used Netscape 4.7 under Linux.

Communicator 4.6 does not exhibit these problems for me at the
moment, though that may be because I've disabled Java under
Netscape. Communicator becomes extremely unstable for me when
the JVM is enabled -- even parts that I would not expect to be
affected by the JVM.

Try disabling Java and see if that helps.

--
Rob Riggs
Technical Staff