[lug] Athalon question.

John Edwards harkerii at sprintmail.com
Mon Nov 29 19:03:16 MST 1999

At 12:42 PM 11/19/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>Hey guys,
>
>>I have a linux question, if you don't mind?  Do Athlons work okay
>>under linux?  I've seen several companies that offer K7 linux systems,
>>but when i look at Red Hat's web site, they say the K7 isn't supported
>>yet, mainly becaus of motherboard problems.  What do you think?
>>(I'd like to get one if i can afford it).
>
>I haven't really heard about it.  Anybody care to comment?  It's still
>an x86 chip, so it should be O.K., no?  Are the only BIOS's available
>buggy or something?  Anybody _have_ a K7?  Any complaints or
>compliments?  Thanks in advance.

	Well, It'll suck, if it isn't supported.  I've got my Athalon 700 (and
motherboard, and tower, and memory) on order and it should be here this
coming Friday.
	I'd hate to not be able to play around with Linux on it right away, even
though I'm going to keep my old system in tact for a Linux server...

John
If Life is just a highway, then the soul is just a car
and objects in the rear-view window may appear closer
han they are.	                                 Meatloaf