[lug] Linux MOUNTING Xenix hd

David Willcox acesouth at frii.com
Mon Nov 29 23:08:52 MST 1999

Thanks to all for the help on backing up linux data  to a Zip drive with the tar coomand. Now I'm faced with yet a new challenge from one of my Customers
who's been running on a Sco-Xenix Os and I need to get his Application Data transfered over somehow because his backup gave up the ghost last week. He's in a real bind because his Xenix will go to 1970 for the New year. It seems
I did a two hardrive mounting  procedure once but forgot the exact syntax and I had a good Linux drive and a corrupted Linux drive that I mounted successfully and copied the data to the Linux drive somehow. Does anyone happen to know what mount command would possibly work and if so what command would I use to transfer his data over if I do get it mounted.
In the Linux kernel buiild I included 'system V' support and I didn't know what
Xenix ver.2.3.4 would use as a mount 'type'

I did a dual boot with his Xenix drive on the same IDE cable and my Linux and /proc/partitions showed mine with all my partions as hda? and his as hdb1 and hdb2. All  with major and minor numbes.

thanks for any help with this matter,

Dave Willcox :-)