[lug] tar command with ZIP 250MB

David Willcox acesouth at frii.com
Mon Nov 29 23:31:05 MST 1999

Ok. Thanks for the mount commands and the syntax for using the 'tar' command for
backing up application data on Linux. But I would still like to know if there are any
prefernces on backing uo to a Zip drive that some of you might have and also
if I backup using  vfat as my file type and if I ever need to restore the data to Linux
is it stored in Dos format using say a cp -R command ? Is there like a Reverse
mount command to bring the data safely in Linux format from the Zip drive? OR
can I simply mount the 'vfat for file type and cp -R back the data to it's original
location with no porblems. I'm very Curious and again thanks for all the help,

Dave Willcox :-)