[lug] Printing in 2.2.x

socket at peakpeak.com socket at peakpeak.com
Tue Nov 30 19:30:17 MST 1999

Hi, everyone.

This should be a simple one: I've got an old parallel-port printer,
BJ-200ex, that I use less and less as it gets older. I print most of
my things off at the university these days, but it would be nice to
occasionally print things locally, when I need.  I haven't tried to
print since I was on 2.0.38, and the change to 2.2.13 made it
immediately obvious that I'm going to have to tweak with conf.modules
to get things working with the more modular devices.

I have no other devices on my parallel port, and no funky
configurations with regard to said port.  (The entire machine has
turned out to be a funky configuration anyway, but that's another
matter.)  Can somebody using a 2.2.x kernel and using a printer in a
fairly normal configuration send me the relevant lines from
/etc/conf.modules?

Thanks.

Chris Riddoch                  socket at peakpeak.com
Will provide pseudo-insightful commentary for food
                   http://www.peakpeak.com/~socket