[lug] Netatalk

Dave Treece <Dave Treece davet at frii.com
Wed Dec 1 18:31:44 MST 1999

Netatalk actually works pretty good, but that doesn't have anything to
with ftp. I have it running on a Kayak XU 450 at work and currently
have only 6 systems mounting shares from it via appletalk (on the mac
side). So far (about 2 1/2 months) it's been running pretty solid, so
I've been fairly happy with the way it's been working. But, since it's
a closed system/subnet I really haven't investigated any possible security
issues. However, If you stick strickly with the appletalk setup's on
the macs you shouldn't need DNS set up (appletalk does this
broadcast/announcement sort of thing).