[lug] installation DNS on SunOS

behapy behapy at shinbiro.com
Thu Dec 2 21:28:08 MST 1999

Hi,all

What are the differences between UNIX(r) System V Release 4.0 (chb1) and Sun Microsystems Inc.   SunOS 5.5.1     Generic May 1996?  UNIX(r) System V Release 4.0 (chb1) is maybe /etc/issue(I guess) and Sun Microsystems Inc.   SunOS 5.5.1     Generic May 1996 is the result of uname -a.

I confuse the Solaris and SunOS and UNIX(r) System V Release x.x.  I'd like to install DNS on sparc.  And I have to know about what the operating's version is.  So I need to know.

Anyhow what the version is, I'd like to install DNS on a sparc.  I have expreince that I had been running a DNS for more a year on Linux.  I know so so DNS on Linux.  All I did is just editting some files in /var/named/* and /etc/named.conf.  Is that the same case for SunOS?

I need to have gcc to compile DNS source package, and I need to know the version if I install a binary package.  Please help me about this.  I'd like to know about distinguishing the version then where DNS binary package for the version of SunOS is.

Thank you everybody who read this,
Best Regards,
Jingun