[lug] suggestions needed

John Edwards harkerii at sprintmail.com
Fri Dec 3 14:45:13 MST 1999

At 10:05 PM 12/2/1999 -0700, you wrote:

>My experience with Caldera has been positive on the whole.  It seems
>that each distribution has its graces and its warts, just that the warts
>and graces seem to be in different places on each distribution.

	My own experience with Caldera has been pretty bad.  So far, I can't get
it to install.  The install get's anywhere from 3% to 20% done, and locks
up.  The only way out is to power-cycle.
	The only thing I haven't tried is to switch to another console (which I
found out about during the Installfest).  I'm planning on giving it yet
another try after I do my CPU/Motherboard upgrade this weekend.  It may
have been a hardware conflict, since I seem to have difficulties with the
newer kernel.

John
If Life is just a highway, then the soul is just a car
and objects in the rear-view window may appear closer
han they are.	                                 Meatloaf