OT [lug] suggestions needed

Jeff S Howell howeljs at louisville.stortek.com
Mon Dec 6 10:44:16 MST 1999

"Stephen G. Smith" wrote:

> Anyone using AT&T at home cable modem service?
> Do they support Linux?

I have a buddy that does. I set up a masquarading box for him so that
all his machines could use the connection. It only allows the MAC of the
NIC they install or the one you have installed to connect to the
cablemodem.
No they don't support linux. But it works fine. He has 3 machines
sitting behind the linux box running dhcpd and masquarading that connect
without any problems.

--
 Jeff Howell
 EDS Unix Support

  Why Windows NT Server 4.0 continues to exist in the enterprise
  would be a topic appropriate for an investigative report in the field
of
  psychology or marketing, not an article on information technology.
    --John Kirsh  Kirsh Consulting.
     http://www.unix-vs-nt.org/kirch/