[lug] Red Hat $ 217/share long or short?

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Mon Dec 6 11:51:41 MST 1999

Thus spoke Cory Dekker
> The flury of activity over the past 2-3 weeks, especially including the
> findings of the judge in the DOJ-Microsoft lawsuit, it's jumped from
> around $70-$80 to over $200.

I doubt the DOJ ruling had anything to do with the recent jump.  I suspect
that it was being propped up by institutional investors (Intel perhaps) in
order to give it the buying power it needs to purchase a few other key
components.  I'm guessing Applix is next.  Corel doesn't want to be bought
(Copeland is a pretty independent sort) and besides, their products really
aren't that great.  Applix is a better fit.

But it's all just speculation, of course.
--
Michael J. Hammel           |  Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars
The Graphics Muse           |  in the sky and thought to myself - "Where the