[lug] Red Hat $ 217/share long or short?

winrip winrip at diac.com
Mon Dec 6 15:09:57 MST 1999

"Jeffrey B. Siegal" wrote:

> 1. Intel as a major investor could not buy stock without SEC filings, if at
> all.

Could say IBM, since they are behind RedHat pretty strongly, funnel money to buy
stock say through another company that they have holdings in?

To the other end of all this, why worry about it? RedHat is going to be around
for sometime to come. Besides this is just the beginning. Linux is only an infant
right now. wait until it starts to catch on. AND from the Computer Reseller News
they estimate Linux server licenses at 750,000 for 1998 and non Linux UNIX server
licenses at <750,000 for 1998. Motorola quotes 2 billion for internet access
market in 1999 and estimates 16 billion for 2002.

 I guess what it comes down to is; Do you invest now and possibly loose your
behind due to over valed stock taking a dive. OR wait for the price to settle
down and possibly loose your behind by not buying early if the stock takes off.
The only thing I see that could hurt RH in the short term is MS producing a
quality product (snicker).