[lug] Red Hat User Group Lists

Wayde Allen wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Wed Dec 8 11:20:39 MST 1999

On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, Ed Meyer wrote:

> I just noticed that the CLUE and BLUG were not listed at the Red Hat User Group web page:
>
> http://www.redhat.com/community/namerica.html
>
> The Pike Peak Lug and one in Aurora called the Rocky Mountain Linux User
> Group, but that was it.  Just thought I'd bring that to somebody's
> attention...

I appreciate the note.  I do try to keep these listings current, but most
of these databases expire listings without checking them.  The somewhat
unrealistic assumption is that "we" will keep checking their database to
keep things current.  The better databases will check with the listed
contact before deleting it.  We used to be listed on the Red Hat page.  It
appears that they have re-done their web site, and implemented a new
program.  I'll see about getting a listing in their list again.

The most curious omission has always been at the Linux Mall web
site.  They have a sign-up program that for political reasons has always
precluded BLUG from getting an entry on their page.  I haven't checked
recently, maybe the agreements have changed?

- Wayde
  (wallen at boulder.nist.gov)