[lug] HD fail?

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Dec 8 12:17:17 MST 1999

Thus spoke Harris, James A
> In my past experience... unless you want to fork gobs of money out, it
> sounds like your hard drive has gone to happier place.  Rythmic kachunks/sec
> are usually the head trying to seek and failing.  Sorry.

I had the same thing happen a year or so ago and sent the drive off to a
place to attempt to get the data off it.  Not cheap - something like $800,
$200 just to look at the drive even if they can't get the data off.

That sound it's making was just like mine, and they said the heads had
crashed against the plates.  So the data was toast.  All of it.
--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           |   I've found Jesus. He was behind the sofa the