[lug] HD fail?

carl.wagner at level3.com carl.wagner at level3.com
Wed Dec 8 10:18:54 MST 1999

Andrew,

One thing you might try is to replace the logic board on the drive.  This
would require you to have another drive "just like" the one that died. I did
this a LONG time ago (30 MEG ST-238 drive) and was able to get it up enough to
recover what I wanted.  If you can obtain another board, off a same model
drive, you have nothing to loose but a little time.

Carl.