[lug] Year 2000 schedule for the BLUG

Wayde Allen wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Thu Dec 9 13:30:32 MST 1999

We need to start working on the Year 2000 schedule.  So far I have the
following possibilities for speakers:

    LaTeX  - Dave Lovering

    SGML   - ? (I have a lead but haven't followed it up)

    History of Computing - Ralf Slutz (He is a retired NBS/NIST engineer
                                       who was evidently the first
                                       engineer hired by Von Neumann.
                                       I've asked him to put together a
                                       talk about his experiences in the
                                       early days of computing.)

    More on Linux Certification    - Mike McAllister

    GIMP and graphics under Linux  - Michael Hammel

I still need to work out and confirm the dates for these.

Anyone have something they particularly want to hear about?  Someone we
should contact?

What about our meetings, do you like them as they are, or is there
anything we should be doing differently?