[lug] ODBC on Linux help

Pedersen, Michael J PederMJ at LOUISVILLE.STORTEK.COM
Fri Dec 10 10:58:05 MST 1999

Actually, I'd sugest going the other direction.  ODBC is something that you
will have problems getting set up nicely on Linux, simply because it's more
of a Windows thing.  I know it can be done, but I've never tried,
personally.

Anyway, migrate your database first.  After all, ODBC will still work
connecting a Linux box just as well as an NT box.  This will let you make
the change more easily, since once you switch to Linux, you can also switch
to Linux methods for doing the connection.

You may want to do a path similar to msSQL -> Oracle -> Linux/Oracle, just
to make it as easy as possible.