[lug] sendmail box as secondary mailserver for domain

Andrew Diederich andrew at NETdelivery.com
Tue Dec 14 08:04:57 MST 1999

Hmm.  I don't seem to have a sendmail.cw file anywhere -- "locate
sendmail.cw" came up blank.  I think I did get it figured out, though.  I
wound up putting a "RELAY netdelivery.com" in my /etc/mail/access file a
while back to fix a similar problem.  It looks like I could also put a
FEATURE(`relay_based_on_MX') in my /etc/mail/linux.mc file, too.  That would
allow anyone to bounce mail off my server if they just put an MX record in
their DNS, though.  I found that gem in /usr/share/sendmail/README, btw.  I
just tested my current setup with a  mail
user%final.host at bounce.host (start and final machines outside my domain) and
it was properly rejected.

Thanks for the help.

-Andrew