[lug] Gaming under Linux

John Edwards harkerii at sprintmail.com
Fri Dec 17 05:48:37 MST 1999

At 08:36 AM 12/16/99 -0700, you wrote:

>I fixed it by making a new account on the box and making a ~/.xinitrc
>for that user that only calls an xterm when X is brought up. No window
>manager. Quake3 has all the memory it needs and I'm pulling 60-80
>frames/sec at 800x600.
>
>Have a good one!

	I'd like to see an example of this.
	I had the same problem with CivII on my old system (haven't gotten X
running on my new system yet) and wanted to run it this way, but never
figured out how to do it.
	If you wouldn't mind.

John
If Life is just a highway, then the soul is just a car
and objects in the rear-view window may appear closer
han they are.	                                 Meatloaf