[lug] dual boot

Glenn Ashton gfa at idiom.com
Fri Dec 17 09:36:32 MST 1999

Stephen Henderson called me last night and I thought it might be good for
him to post about vmware.

He will be using this Linux box to run some Linux only software to control
a machine that he is constructing.

But- people who will be using this will want to run Windows based data
analysis programs.

So, I thought vmware might provide an interesting solution if there was
sufficient system resources on the box, particularly physical memory
(RAM).

So the requirement is that the system has to run Linux to control the
machine and Windows to do the data analysis unless some folks have got
some great ideas...

Talk about real-time control....;-)

-Glenn Ashton