[lug] Webgear Aviator2.4 WLAN

Rob Riggs rob at pangalactic.org
Fri Dec 17 10:58:48 MST 1999

I've got a pair of these cards. Actually, all of us at tummy.com
have these cards now. :-) We love 'em.

One word of warning however. These cards do not work on SMP machines.
This little fact is buried in the FAQ somewhere. The problem is that
it is not that these cards don't work, but that inserting the card
into an SMP machine with PCMCIA and the ray_cs driver installed will
bring your SMP machine to an immediate and spectacular halt.

I am hoping to work on the problem this weekend, though. We will
see if I actually have the time...

Also, after two days of trying I could not get the ISA-PCMCIA bridge
to work in my oldest machine, a P-90. It works just fine in my two
other machines though.

--
Rob Riggs
Technical Staff