[lug] KRUD 6.1 password for lilo?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sun Dec 19 17:39:58 MST 1999

>>>>> "Nate" == Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com> writes:

Nate> I just loaded 6.1 on a machine here and there WAS an option to
Nate> create a boot floppy, is that what you guys are talking about?
Nate> It's a checkbox on the same screen in the GUI-based install
Nate> program as the LILO configuration.

were you using the updated boot floppies? This is something they fixed
in the updated boot floppies I think...

Nate> Not sure if you force it down to text mode if maybe in that mode
Nate> they forgot it or whatever?

yeah, I think it might have been fixed in the updated (errata) boot
floppies. Perhaps it was always working in the GUI install?

Nate> Nate, nate at natetech.com

kevin
--

Lamar> At 12:14 PM 12/13/99 , John Karns wrote:
> [...]
Lamar> Thanks John for the reply. The Toshiba laptop reverted to
Lamar> default boot sequence, haven't figured out why yet, fdd hdd
Lamar> cdrom, and it may return to it at anytime I suppose, so how do
Lamar> I make a boot disk after installing, KRUD didn't offer that
Lamar> during install.