[lug] Booting from LS-120 SuperFloppy

Michael J. Pedersen marvin at netinfra.net
Sun Dec 26 18:01:32 MST 1999

On Mon, Dec 20, 1999 at 05:24:38PM -0700, Bonnell, Doug wrote:
> I'm looking at using a SuperFloppy with Linux on
> an embedded card. The cards I've been looking at
> seem to only have BIOS boot options for A: or C:
>
> Since the LS-120 is an IDE ATAPI device, can it
> be setup as a bootable drive C: ? Is a BIOS option
> to boot from the LS-120 kind of like being able to
> boot from drive D: on the IDE end of things or does
> the LS-120 require "special care and feeding" for
> booting?

Actually, you're going to have one of two things happen, and that's decided by
the BIOS.

If the BIOS knows about the LS-120, you'll have an A: drive for your LS-120
(provided that you tell the BIOS to boot off the LS-120 first).

Otherwise, it'll be a D: drive, or something similar.

--
Michael J. Pedersen
WhoDP: whodp://earth.activerse.com/pedersen