[lug] Handing off e-mail

Michael J. Pedersen marvin at netinfra.net
Wed Dec 29 22:19:05 MST 1999

On Wed, Dec 29, 1999 at 08:44:32PM -0500, Ernie Suarez wrote:
> One of our clients, who has there domain on our server have thier own mail
> server.  I need to configure our system so it sends all their mail to thier
> server, which is not located at our facility, regardless of what name they
> use.

Well, my guess would be possibly over simplistic, but here goes:

I'm assuming you're hosting DNS for them.  Go into the dns file for their
domain, and adjust the MX record to point to their machine.  Once that's done,
email will never even touch your machine again for their domain.

If you can do that, great.  If not, could you let me know why?  I'd appreciate
it.

--
Michael J. Pedersen
WhoDP: whodp://earth.activerse.com/pedersen