[lug] How do I upgrade to 6.1?

John Edwards harkerii at sprintmail.com
Thu Dec 30 14:47:48 MST 1999

At 01:03 PM 12/29/99 -0700, you wrote:

>The upgrade from 6.0 to 6.1 is *huge*.  I wouldn't recommend trying
>to just download the files and run.  Neither would I recommend
>purchasing a Red Hat 6.1 CD ... instead, go to tummy.com (Sean and
>Evelyn's site) and arrange to get a copy of KRUD 6.1, which will
>contain Red Hat 6.1 and all the updates to 6.1 that have gone out
>so far, plus a couple of other goodies, like the ssh cryptography
>software.  Highly recommended ...
>
>Liz

	Another options is www.cheapbytes.com
	They sell distro's at 1.99 per CD Disk.

	The only question I have, is how do you get RedHat to actually upgrade?
I've tried it before, and for some reason, the upgrade/install process will
not recognize the disks as Linux and Linux Swap type of file systems.
Every time I've tried, It's told me they were Amoeba type.
	Not that I've ever had anything that I really needed to save on my system,
but it would be nice to know what I need to do, in case I want to actually
upgrade in the future.

John
If Life is just a highway, then the soul is just a car
and objects in the rear-view window may appear closer
han they are.	                                 Meatloaf