[lug] simple server?

Robert L. Harris nomad at rnd-consulting.com
Thu Dec 30 15:34:03 MST 1999

I'm digging into some socket work.  Does anyone have a very simple
script that basically listens on a port (i.e. 7777 ) and waits for
a client connect, or connects out of inetd.  Once connected the
server sends a "hellow how are you" waits on a "I'm fine" and
responds with a "good, have a nice day" and then hangs up?

Or something similar?

Robert

:wq!
Robert L. Harris                |  Low quality in a product happens.
Senior System Engineer          |    That doesn't mean it's right and
  at RnD Consulting.		|      and defintely doesn't mean it should
                                 \_      be accepted.  Require quality.

http://www.rnd-consulting.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER:

FYI: