[lug] cdr & block special question

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Fri Dec 31 13:41:43 MST 1999

I thought newer versions of xcdroast (or something similar) were starting to
support the IDE CD-ROM's natively.  You may be going to a lot of trouble for
something that's changed to being easier.

I also thought with newer kernels you could get the generic SCSI support and
still access the drives the "old" way through their original device names, but
I could be VERY wrong on that one.  Last time I played with it, I got xcdroast
up and running, burnt two CD-R's and then found myself using the burner in the
Windoze machine more becuase I can start a burn and totally ignore that machine
while I get some work done on the Linux boxen.  :)