[lug] network drives

Ferdinand P. Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Mon Jan 3 11:04:56 MST 2000

Why don't you use ftp?  All Linux systems offer free ftp servers.  If
security is not a concern (inside a company for example) then you could
simply use the ftp protocol to move files to/from the Linux system.  Win98
clients supposedly support this even through their implementation of
Windows Explorer.

Ferdinand

SLD wrote:

> hello all,
> small 'newbie' question. how easy/hard is it to see network drives (NT
> or Novell) from a linux workstation not running samba or VM Ware. My
> goal is only to exchange Office type files (MS/StarOffice). Yes, I know
> these could be exchanged via email; but...
> TIA,
> Steven

Ferdinand Schmid
(Staff Engineer)