[lug] suse 6.3

Wayde Allen wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Tue Jan 4 09:55:33 MST 2000

On Mon, 3 Jan 2000, Yuko Jonah wrote:

> Just wanted to find out if there is anyone with the
> Denver area that uses suse linux. Please let me know.

I do at home for now, although I think I'm at SuSe 5.1 there.  When I get
the chance I plan to rebuild this system using KRUD.  The problem I have
with SuSe is that it tends to setup a lot of things that I don't want or
need.  I then spend a fair amount of time figuring out how they did what
they did so I can deconstruct it and turn it off or work around it.  Don't
get me wrong, SuSe is a nice distribution, but I personally prefer to add
services myself rather than have the system do it for me.

- Wayde
  (wallen at boulder.nist.gov)