[lug] Tape Library System

Ryan Kirkpatrick rkirkpat at nag.cs.colorado.edu
Thu Jan 6 07:15:37 MST 2000

On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, Eric A. Kihn wrote:

>     We're looking at adding a tape library system to our satellite data
> archive.  Since were new to this business anyone have a recommendation or
> starting point for say a 10 -12 Tb system that works well with Linux?

	You might want to check out what Exabyte has to offer in terms of
tape libraries. I have used thier tapes drives in the past and currently,
and they are quite good. They also have support (at least web pages
detailing linux specifics) for thier tape drives now, so they might have
support for their libraries under Linux. Hope this helps. TTYL.

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                    |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)   |
|   Ryan Kirkpatrick  |  Boulder, Colorado  |  http://www.rkirkpat.net/   |