[lug] Learning about databases

bill ehlert bill_ehlert at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 7 20:08:05 MST 2000

--- Kyle Moore <kmoore at trustamerica.com> wrote:
> Very interesting. I don't here Pick databases talked
> about much. We use
> a pick-style database. It is extremely fast because
> it uses multivalued
> fields. It is a weird concept

**  weird!  humph!  :)

    one of the pick companies (pick systems itself,
    i think) used to use a slogan something like
    "data management for the real world", and i
    think the mv approach is a very good way of
    dealing with that.

    after all, a customer may very well have multiple
    orders and invoices, a class may have multiple
    students in it, a patient multiple appointments
    with the doc, etc, etc, etc ...

 but works well.

**  true, true  ~g~

  <snip>