[lug] sending log files to another machine

Michael Deck deckm at cleansoft.com
Mon Jan 10 14:36:42 MST 2000

Something I do (for other purposes) is

cat log_file | mail user at machine

I often do this in various cron jobs so that I can see the output. If you
aren't sending stuff that contains security info, but just logs, and it
isn't too immense, it might be the ticket. Another nice thing is that every
morning a little file winds up in my in-basket and I can just see if
there's anything out of whack. If you had a little email sniffer job
running at user at machine, you could download these guys and
parse/analyze/store them.

Just a thought.

-Mike