[lug] ntsysv doesn't work!

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Jan 11 09:07:31 MST 2000

>>>>> "legin" == legin  <legin at itlabs.com> writes:

legin> hi friends ,
legin>     I have a small problem. The 'ntsysv' util thats used to
legin>     start and
legin>      stop services in redhat doesn't work.

Do you get any error? is it in your path?
/usr/sbin/ntsysv

legin>     By default some services
legin>     alone get started. So i manually started and restarted the services
legin>     by including them in the .bash_profile and .bash_logout files...

legin>     I know that this is not the recommended way to do it since
legin>     i got to
legin> login to get the service started...Can somebody suggest some
legin>     better way or if i

ick. yeah, thats not a good way to do it. No only do you have to login
to start services, but they will be running as you. (you don't login
as root all the time, do you? :)

legin>     can get 'ntsysv' working it would be helpful....

Try the full path.../usr/sbin/ntsysv.
If that doesn't work, check out the command line tool...
'chkconfig'

legin>     Thanks in advance,
legin>     legin.

kevin