[lug] CDrecord Download

David Willcox acesouth at frii.com
Thu Jan 13 10:18:20 MST 2000

Hi guys,
I have two cpu's until I can get my 'KDE' to dial in and thanks to
Doug Bonnell I'm getting close.
I did something wrong! After downloading 'cdrecord.gz' from my
windows cpu and copied it to floppy I loaded it in my Linux box
with 'copy a:'. Now the it's named 'cdrecord.tar.gz'
So I tried 'ungzip cdrecord.tar.gz' and it did unzip but has file
name 'cdrecord.tar'. So out of ignorance I did a cp 'cdrecord.tar'
to 'cdrecord' and after Renaming my old /usr/bin/cdrecord I put
it in that directoy.
Now when I use the cdrecord command it tells me (Linux 6.1 Mandrake) it cannot execute a binary file.
What or when did I go wrong?

Thanks ahead,

David Willcox :-)