[lug] CDrecord Download

Bonnell, Doug DBonnell at BreeceHill.com
Thu Jan 13 10:30:40 MST 2000

Isn't UNIX fun?

You missed a step, so your final version of cdrecord is a tape archive file
rather than an executable file. Here are the steps:

	tar cvf cdrecord.tar /usr/bin/cdrecord    ----> cdrecord.tar
            gzip cdrecord.tar                                ---->
cdrecord.gz

Copy cdrecord.gz over to the Linux box. Then the steps are:

	gunzip cdrecord.gz                             ----> cdrecord.tar
            tar xvf cdrecord.tar                              ---->
/usr/bin/cdrecord

The "file" command is a very handy one to know under Linux. It will
tell you the type of a file: executable, tape archive, shell script, etc.

Doug Bonnell