[lug] CDrecord Download

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rnd-consulting.com
Thu Jan 13 10:29:08 MST 2000

Do a "file /usr/bin/cdrecord" to make sure it's an executeable
binary, and not a tar file.  Also make sure the file is executeable.

Robert

Thus spake David Willcox (acesouth at frii.com):

> Hi guys,
> I have two cpu's until I can get my 'KDE' to dial in and thanks to
> Doug Bonnell I'm getting close.
> I did something wrong! After downloading 'cdrecord.gz' from my
> windows cpu and copied it to floppy I loaded it in my Linux box
> with 'copy a:'. Now the it's named 'cdrecord.tar.gz'
> So I tried 'ungzip cdrecord.tar.gz' and it did unzip but has file
> name 'cdrecord.tar'. So out of ignorance I did a cp 'cdrecord.tar'
> to 'cdrecord' and after Renaming my old /usr/bin/cdrecord I put
> it in that directoy.
> Now when I use the cdrecord command it tells me (Linux 6.1 Mandrake) it cannot execute a binary file.
> What or when did I go wrong?
>
> Thanks ahead,
>
> David Willcox :-)

:wq!
Robert L. Harris                |  Low quality in a product happens.
Senior System Engineer          |    That doesn't mean it's right and
  at RnD Consulting.		|      definitely doesn't mean it should
                                \_       be accepted.  Require quality.

http://www.rnd-consulting.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER:

FYI: