[lug] Tossing out ideas...

socket at peakpeak.com socket at peakpeak.com
Fri Jan 14 01:21:08 MST 2000

I spoke with Wayde before the meeting yesterday, and he suggested
something to me that seems like such a good idea that I thought it
should be brought up on the list...

It's possible that newcomers might not be as interested in discussion
on very specific or technical topics.  I really like the meetings as
they are, but I can imagine that if I were new to Linux and just
wanted to see what it's all about, the meetings would be interesting
but waaay over my head.

So instead of trying to change the nature of the monthly meetings, it
might make sense to have meetings that focus more on Linux overall,
perhaps starting out with Q & A, and then moving from there, focusing
on keeping it simple for people that just want to know what they can
do.  After all, Real People can use Linux, too.

This is just an idea, of course, but if there's real interest, I would
be willing to organize a few such meetings for people to see how they go.

Any comments?

Chris Riddoch                  socket at peakpeak.com
Will provide pseudo-insightful commentary for food
                   http://www.peakpeak.com/~socket

GPG key 1024D/234551DC 1999-07-15 Chris Riddoch <socket at peakpeak.com>
Key fingerprint = 7AAF 5815 837C 070C 6C70  8A15 EFD2 5860 2345 51DC